Listen, the last thing I’m going to do following my last meal is skimp on dessert. So here I’ve pulled together a list of all of the awesome comfort food baked goods I plan on getting down come rapture time. The best part about these recipes is that they’re easy to whip together. Screw Martha Stewart, you’ve got wall-to-wall Armageddon coverage to watch on CNN.
End of the World Comfort Baking recipes
1. Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. These are my Kryptonite. It’s a flaky peanut butter cookie wrapped around a slightly melted peanut butter cup. You’d think it would be too sweet to eat, say, 10 of these in an afternoon. But you’d be surprised.
2. Magic Cookie Bars. I just go crazy for these gooey-yet-crunchy bars of heaven. And again, super easy to make.
3. Lemon Bars. You might need a little comfort food during the rapture and not everyone like chocolate. Besides, even when all the fire and brimstone hits the fan, these sweet lemon bars will bring you just a bite of sunshine.
4. Sugar Cookies. Sweet, buttery, flaky and ready to be decorated, sugar cookies are a perfect End of the World treat. Let everyone decorate their own so they can celebrate Armageddon with their own personal cookie message.
5. Brownies. As any good college stoner will tell you, brownies are the cornerstone of any respectable eating binge. Eat the batter, eat the brownies right out of the oven so it burns the roof of your mouth, or wait until they’ve cooled and frost them with chocolate. The add-ins and possibilities are endless. Serve brownies as a base of a sundae or pile on fun toppings like M&M’s and other candies. A good old fashioned batch of brownies brightens up any End of the World soiree.